Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Wes Anderson, Part 1

So, I'm not gonna lie, I love me some Wes Anderson movies. I count The Royal Tenenbaums as one of my top five, I can watch it over and over and over again. It's just so damn perfect! Anyways, I don't have the Bottle Rocket soundtrack, so I'm going to start off with Rushmore.

Well, quirky is quirky, and what's more awkward than adolescence? Max Fischer is the epitome of awkward kids, and his crush on the english teacher is so sad and perfect. What a great film. The accompanying soundtrack from Wes and his frequent collaborator Mark Mothersbaugh is eclectic and wonderful. The songs evoke a feeling of bouncy spring, and nostalgia. 60's Brit Punk (Making Time), nostalgic pop (summer song) and just plain fun, acoustic ballads (the wind, oh la la, oh yoko) I remember doing a post on this back on the other blog and someone LOVED it, and rightfully so. This music is great, and heartfelt, just like the movie.

The Kinks - Nothing in this World Can Stop Me Worrying About that Girl
Creation - Making Time
Chad and Jeremy - Summer Song
John Lennon - Oh Yoko
Cat Stevens - The Wind
The Faces - Ooh La La

----------------------------

Buy the Rushmore Criterion DVD
Buy the Soundtrack

4 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man oh man I love that soundtrack. Its rapidly becoming the soundtrack to my summer.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger C. said...

hey scott--

what did you think of "Life Aquatic"? I didn't care for it much when I first saw it, but the DVD is growing on me.

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Lily said...

Great blog you have heere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home