Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nostalgia!

Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright (Leonard Cohen cover)
Wonder Years Theme by Joe Cocker
Tuesday's Gone by Lynyrd Skynyrd


Yeah, it's been everywhere. Even in that big green popular ogre movie. But as I was watching Lord of War the other night, I was reminded just how supremely badass and depressing "Hallelujah" was. So here it is. And I know it may be blasphemy, but I like his cover much more than the original.

Nothing screams old school like the Wonder Years theme. I love it so much, and it reminds me of so many good memories.

Tuesday's Gone evokes memories of playing baseball late in the summer nights, or just running around outside doing something. I don't know. But it just makes me think back.

Nostalgia's a trip.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really great- I'd forgotten how much I loved all 3 of those songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home