Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Friday, July 01, 2005

When did the lucid dream begin?


Alright all you Cruise haters, listen up: Vanilla Sky is a good movie. Who cares if he's a whacko scientologiastic fiancee? (i just made that science word up.) This movie is another great Cameron Crowe film, even if he adapted it from a non-english speaking movie just for American audiences. (this was made in like, 2001, before remakes were "in") What really threw the average movie audience off probably was the fact that Tom Cruise becomes horribly disfigured about 30 minutes into the movie. What follows is a mind trip that ties together beautifully in so many ways. Probably a love it or hate it film, with me on the "love it" side. The mind-bending twists and how the tale unfolds is grrrreat!As usual, Cameron Crowe knows his music, and the soundtrack is eccentric to say the least. Plus, it gives me an excuse to post Radiohead. McCartney's title track and "Elevator Beat" are haunting for some reason.

Paul McCartney - Vanilla Sky
Nancy Wilson - Elevator Beat
REM - Sweetness Follows
Radiohead - Everything In It's Right Place
The Monkees - Porpoise Song (Theme from "Head")

------------------------------------------

Buy the Vanilla Sky DVD (super good bargain)
Buy the Soundtrack

p.s. for the daily double, what famous cover does the screenshot up top emulate?

8 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Scott said...

he wins

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott it never ceases to amaze me how creative people are, especailly the young ones, gives me hope for the future. Anyway I was looking for information on dream dictionary and landed on your page. I was looking more for dream dictionary so When did the lucid dream begin? wasn't an exact match but I enjoyed reading your posts. Take Care. I'll bookmark your blog for future.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott it never ceases to amaze me how creative people are, especailly the young ones, gives me hope for the future. Anyway I was looking for information on dream book and landed on your page. I was looking more for dream book so When did the lucid dream begin? wasn't an exact match but I enjoyed reading your posts. Take Care. I'll bookmark your blog for future.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott it never ceases to amaze me how creative people are, especailly the young ones, gives me hope for the future. Anyway I was looking for information on dream interpretation and landed on your page. I was looking more for dream interpretation so When did the lucid dream begin? wasn't an exact match but I enjoyed reading your posts. Take Care. I'll bookmark your blog for future.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
Shark vacuum cleaners australia Bed mattress futon australia humidifier Acne lamictal mattress made to order Air bed air mattress Untied sleep mattress oxycontin epidemic in the united kingdom Dental assistant uniforms White mattresses Bassinet mattresses and covers Jamster ringtones area rugs that are washable Eclipse mattresses

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Homemade anal probe http://www.svxfloormats.info/culinary-arts-school-in-california-20.html Concord battery panama webcam

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

huhu

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a good HD TV has never been eaѕiег.

Discovеr the right modеl for you and
youг ρocket with οur rеvіеw at http://гeѵiеwѕ.
toр-іnfоrmation.net/sаmѕung-un40еh6000-revieω/
Feel free to visit my homepage ; Health Master Extreme Package

 

Post a Comment

<< Home