Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My god...

The internet virus ate my computer! So the past seven days have been scrambling / getting my ENTIRE music collection back onto this hard drive.

That's 15 gigs worth of music people.

12 + 2 + 1 = 15

*faint*

Oh, yeah, and in between I've been kinda busy too.

So what song could possibly sum up the last few days? Wow. Good question. What am I grooving too lately? Don't really know, but I think Gimme Shelter is a pretty good start. Just that gathering guitar intro, the cool laid back charm of the guitar riff, but then that fast paced loud noise it gets going is perfect too. Is it perhaps overplayed yet? Yes. And I still dig it.

Next song? It's got indie cred, or atleast I think it does. Black Sheep Boy by Okkervil River. Pretty sounding, with some great vocals (if you dig the scratchy voice kind) and I dig it. The lyrics are what get me.

Oh yeah, caught a Coldplay concert the other night. Rilo Kiley opened for them, which was a freaking GREAT surprise. I love me some "More Adventurous" even though they stuck to a few old ones. Colplay was pretty fun too, the lead singer had a good sense of humor and even played a Johnny Cash tune or two. British people singing "Ring of Fire"? yeeeeah.

Here's another great one that including cuz I can. I'm Not Like Everybody Else by the Kinks. Great song, gonna use it in a movie someday.

Thanks to anyone who still reads this dumb thing.

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger C. said...

Scott, what virus was this? Sounds pretty awful.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lookeehere... people care!
The concert definately got me into Rilo Kiley... I can't get Portions for Foxes out of my head.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Bingo newspapers saab turbo delicate convertible richmond indiana divorce attorney Ipod sportsuit convertible Rheem-rudd water heaters Football team flags headsets Clawfoot faucets Cod fedex phendimetrazine toyota convertibles chrysler jeep cd evidence for mtbe in heating oil Bahamas pardise island atlantis resort web developer bampton Utah mesotherapy pda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home