Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Empire strikes back!

Yes, the virus is finally gone. What was it? Something my sister got that installs itself in twenty different folders and automatically shuts the computer down in twenty minutes within start up. Bitch and a half.

But yeah, okay, so here's my birthday mix. I turn eighteen today, and here's what I woke up to.

Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash on that Folsom Prison disc. I prefer the San Quentin album, but this is a classic little ditty. Plus, it's the Man in Black with a sneering lyrical side.

The Crystal Ship by the Doors is a trip, and feels like a trance itself. So laid back and it's guitar is just.... Doors man, the Doors.

Each Coming Night by Iron & Wine is quiet and eloquent and heartfelt. I love that guy's voice combined with some good guitar plucking.

Do You Realize?? by the Flaming Lips. Wow. Like, damn, what a great song. So much going on, yet it all collides to make great music. I love the flaming lips.

Monty Got a Raw Deal by R.E.M.
Outtasite (outta mind) by Wilco


3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger C. said...

Happy birthday!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm digging that Johnny Cash. It sure was nice of Coldplay to write "ring of fire" for him ;) Oh yeah- and that wilco song completely got me interested in them again, I don't remember liking it nearly that much.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger HatHead said...

I luv that Johnny Cash track - great energy. I even did a remix of it! also, happy birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home