Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Shins

Here are some odds and ends I've found over the few weeks of one of my tops, The Shins.


Nature Bears a Vacuum EP
(1998) Not such a fan of this set. I always liked the quieter stuff by them, and this.. isn't. But hey, to every completist, here it is. Buy it for 30x better quality.

The Shins - Those Bold City Girls
We built a raft and we floated
Eating styes from elephant eyes
My Seventh rib



When I goose-step EP
(2000) Here's more my speed from them. The title track was actually on the Wicker Park soundtrack I think. Another Omnibus release. Both songs are perfect.

The Shins - When I Goose-step
The Gloating Sun

Not on either
Strange Powers (Magnetic Fields cover)

Thanks goes out to Justin, who offered the 4th song on Nature but I managed to find it on the interweb...
And of course...
Buy Chutes too Narrow
Buy Oh, Inverted World
SubPop Records
Omnibus Records

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day? From the roast last night of Pam Anderson via productshop via stereogum

"Who thinks Courtney Love looks worse than Kurt Cobain currently does?" - Jeffrey Ross

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's... interesting. I'm bummed I got here too late to download some Shins. The one con to vacation.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger douglas martin said...

you're not a fan of nature bears a vacuum? hmm.. personally, i think it's among their best work; i prefer it to all but three songs on oh, inverted world. and "those bold city girls" rocks harder than any shins song since.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home