Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Great Big Nothing

It's that time of year for me. College application time! Being a high school senior and looking prospectively towards the future, I can't help but see so many paths. Film maker? Teacher/screenwriter? International representative, traveling from country to country? Who the hell knows. But whatever I pick, I've got to get into college first.

Lately, the music has been super varied, and thanks to a good torrent site, coming in very hard. I love it! Here's a few selected picks as of late.

I Found a Reason by Velvet Underground
Phone Call by Jon Brion (excerpt from Eternal Sunshine)
Into the Old Man's Shoes by Elton John
Jeresey Thursday by Donovan
Cannonball by Damien Rice

Oh, and I had too, just for college app time.

Career Oppurtunities by the Clash
The offered me the office, offered me the shop
They said I'd better take anything they'd got
Do you wanna make tea at the BBC?
Do you wanna be, do you really wanna be a cop?
Career opportunities are the ones that never knock
Every job they offer you is to keep you out the dock
Career opportunity, the ones that never knock
I hate the army an' I hate the R.A.F.
I don't wanna go fighting in the tropical heat
I hate the civil service rules
And I won't open letter bombs for you
Bus driver....ambulance man....ticket inspector
They're gonna have to introduce conscription
They're gonna have to take away my prescription
If they wanna get me making toys
If they wanna get me, well, I got no choice
Careers
Careers
Careers
Ain't never gonna knock


PS. Go get the new Franz Ferdinand album. More of the same, yes, but it's still rocking hard.

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You finally listened to Damien Rice!?! I told you so!

"I can't help but see so many paths" this sounds to me a bit like a fig tree... ;)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Maybe I'm into sleeping pills and hibernation too!

Guest points: What book are we refering to?

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the clash= yes.
i love that song.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fight capitalism

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott,

I perused your post (The Great Big Nothing) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell instant road repair. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
instant road repair. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like instant road repair on interest free credit and you can pay for your instant road repair whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: instant road repair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home