Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dismally Dreary Day


Alliteration at work!

It was a wonderfully rainy day, full of grey and sadness and school. How depressing. Anyways, I'm going to post a sountrack for a film that hasn't been made yet. Hasn't been made yet? That's right, it's my film. Tell me if it's a good mixtape or not. Some may seem like tracks you've heard twenty times (indie faves like Arcade Fire and Shins) and i know that, but it's a mixtape. Tell me if it's a good mix, not that you've heard them all before, because I'm sure you have. And if you havn't heard them, get them. Because they're sweet. I can't wait to film it someday.
Work in progress of course.

Don't steal these songs and put them in a film first" Tape

Somebody I Used to Know by Elliott Smith

Girl Inform Me by The Shins
First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
I'm Not Like Everybody Else by the Kinks
Gold Finch and the Red Oak Tree by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Mama told me not to Come by Three Dog Night
Crystal Ship by the Doors
I'm Your Villian by Franz Ferdinand
We're Just Friends by Wilco
Crown of Love by Arcade Fire
Say Yes by Elliott Smith
This Will be Our Year by The Zombies

5 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger c said...

holy crap, you stole my playlist. i swear i had all the same songs on my movie soundtrack, just in a different order.
love,
zach braff
:)
peace

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Scott said...

i was thinking more wes anderson, but garden state is a close second
:D

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't be Wes (with exception of Life Aquatic) w/o some christmas music!

I really liked the placement of Crown of love, and ending w/ the Zombies.

p.s. i LOVE three dog night. a lot.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Chad said...

A great mix indeed...especially liked ending with Elliott and then The Zombies (which is a perfect song to end a film with, in my opinion).

Cheers,
Chad

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Scott said...

thanks chad, i think the zombies song is PERFECT for an ending.

and rob, i love that torrent site. just don't tell the RIAA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home