Hug Robot Radio

because in soviet russia, the radios play you!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Could it get any crazier?

So, yeah, thanks to a little site called regnyouth, (much love to them) I reconnected with King Crimson. I finally, finally, finally got the digital version of In "The Court with the Crimson King". Oh yeah. It's psychedelic. It's epic. It's great, man. The nearest comparison I can think of is the stretching soundscapes of Pink Floyd, with more flute. Yeah, I just used the word "soundscape". This music, well man, you just listen to it. Oh, and it has the best cover artwork ever.

Funny story? I procured this vinyl from my friend's dad, who proclaimed, "it was so fucking great back in the day. I "played 21st Century Schizoid Man" so loud it could shake beer cups off the table man." Now he's an accountant.

King Crimson - Epitaph

Almost 10 minutes of greatness.


------------------------------------------------

In other news, found a pretty good interview with my author of the moment, Bret Easton Ellis. I gotta tell you man, this guy knows desperation and depravity. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home